Really rad labels in Tableau desktop and I love Tableau Software

Hey Dev3lop here, a great Labeling method I use here!

https://public.tableau.com/profile/tyler.garrett#!/vizhome/FreelanceTableauConsultantSortedBarChartsLabelInsideTopofBar/Noonedoesthis

It's one of my favorite ways to label the bar because no one ever does a reference line and then right-click edit format!



It's pretty hard to click, there's a 4pixel either direction variance at one point until I showed the Tableau product manager - and actually used paint to draw the pixels, saying it was WAY 2 hard.

Now I believe it has a bit more padding. The developer and product management team are so great. Everything I've ever brought up while working there was fixed the next update.

Except buttons being native. That's still a thing.

I designed, mocked up the Start and End being fixed on both sides, and boom next update it was there.

Regardless if it was already in their mind, I sent that to the product manager executive TomW and we chatted about how much of an improvement it would be.

Boom - now it's more accessible and now you can label things better than 90%!

I love tableau software. I'm a freelance Tableau developer.

Comments

Please Index This

Automate Tableau Server Administration

The true Awesome Dashboard, that started my blog idea

Looking at Cat.com to See What's Happening!

Beautiful Dashboard Examples by Tableau Expert

Trend line - line chart in tableau desktop polynomial

Why is Interworks using a Link Scheme to Rank on Google?

Finding Austin SEO Experts Easily - Avoid Tastyplacement.com