Offer shortlinks on Wordpress? And Short Domains Finders.

I really want to be able to build my own personal short links - then you're doing exactly what I'm doing, finding a bunch of nothing. Also, I love working from home.

I've spent the last two days going through an endless amount of heavily SEOed pages, and at the end of it. I think I'm going with the .IS domain name.

My thought here is that these large companies, at any time, can buy every single 2 letter domain name within minutes.

Here's an example of 'what to do on youtube' right now. My long term goal is testing out shorter links - and then offering short links as a service on a new domain - but - I need a 2 character domain name and a 2 character TDLR.

Pass these links to your domain and use short links to increase the click through boo boo.

If you haven't picked a domain name - consider finding something memorable! Also, you can use blogger or WordPress for free to start - or learn how to host your website.

Offer shortlinks on Wordpress? And Short Domains Finders.

So why would someone buy every short domain possible? Well because some people are rich AF.

Why would they do that? TO corner the market on short character links.

Goo.gl is currently my favorite because the workflow is faster than any other service I've seen. It's free. And everyone else is pretending they are sitting on some sort of ANGEL tech - when really people are showing you how to build your own shortlink in Ruby on rails application.

But, since the past few years technology has been much more friendly than picking up a language and programming, so I don't want to pick up Ruby just for a short link generator.

But I also can't offer google short link as a service because there isn't a native layer of security surrounding it, rather it's one page, one set of links, and a counter. This means none of my non-tech clients will be able to query their data or clicks, without learning the google short link API.

Joel Glovier, Sr Product Designer at GitHub explains more about his experience finding a 2 character domain name.

--
I recently purchased jag.is from OnlyDomains.com. It was pretty pricey as compared to other more common top-level domains, which you can get for anywhere from $7 - $15 these days. But the .is domains also a harder to come by, since not all registrars seem to be able to deal them - ergo the higher price.
In the end I settled on OnlyDomains.com because the only other .is registrar I could find in my searches was 101domain.com, who was going to sell me the same domain name for almost twice the price of OnlyDomains.com
In the end I paid OnlyDomains.com about $68 and 101Domain.com was going to charge $136.
On another note, I had intended to transfer my domain away from OnlyDomains.comafter the 60 day ICANN wait period to avoid having to pay that high price again the following year, but then I discovered that I couldn't transfer it to my normal domain name provider because they don't deal with .is domains. So I'm just going to have to chalk it up to the most expensive yearly domain fee I have.
Also as a side note, I just ran across the ISNIC site this evening in my searches for a solution to the transfer issue I'm having, and it seemed really ghetto (for lack of a better term) - so much so that I couldn't really tell if it is legit. Plus it doesn't seem to be any less expensive to register a domain than my $68 fee at OnlyDomains.
Good luck. Maybe try OnlyDomains - my exp with them has been good so far (although I'm only a few months in with them).

Offer shortlinks on WordPress? 

I've been digging through shortlinks for the past two days, and I've still not found any viable Wordpress plugins with shortlink functionality, that doesn't appear to have a bunch of support cases open, a bunch of people locked out of their accounts, and that isn't promising to see on Envato.

Go google "shortlink wordpress" - they saw that search long ago and built WP.xx/xxx to be used for free and it's a simple click through while blogging on Wordpress. AS easy as that may be, I'm still not able to offer shortlink generation publicly with this software, so clearly, this has more to do with what I'm googling.

Buy a short domain before making shortlinks.

Call me wild and crazy, but I feel every short link I've generated thus far will need to be switched out in the future, and with every step I make using Goo.gl I feel I'm generating more and more work for myself.

I too have been leaning towards Joel Glovier's .is domain - it appears www.Onlydomains.com is the best option for .is domains currently.

Shortlink finders?

I had a good shortlink finder and never saved the info, it helped me find musicblip by applying a suffix and prefix - and only showing the available domains. I can't find that because it seems they were SEO-ed off the first page.


.vg is an example of a new 2 character domain name that is now available to the public.

But know some of these 2 letter domains are also covered by spammers trying to sucker you in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.vg

Comments

Please Index This

Automate Tableau Server Administration

The true Awesome Dashboard, that started my blog idea

Looking at Cat.com to See What's Happening!

Beautiful Dashboard Examples by Tableau Expert

Trend line - line chart in tableau desktop polynomial

Why is Interworks using a Link Scheme to Rank on Google?

Finding Austin SEO Experts Easily - Avoid Tastyplacement.com